Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I should be bummin.

Things still aren't as I want them to be at work. It's close but I have to say I'm disappointed that the network and telcom side of things did not go well. I really don't think I had a chance. I have known for quite some time that this just wasn't going to go well. I just had a feeling.

Since I've been tired, sick, sick & tired, I've been holding off posting because all I was going to do was cry about how disappointed I am in not being able to prepare for these races. Nobody needs to listen to that. Here is something I read a few weeks ago and I've applied it to my situation.

A wise Chinese farmer's horse runs off. When his neighbor stops by to console him. The farmer tells his neighbor "Who knows what is good or bad?"
When his horse returned the next day with a herd of horses following, the neighbor stops by to congratulate him on his good fortune. The farmer again says, "Who knows what is good or bad?".
Then, when the farmer's son broke his leg tring to ride one of the new horses, the neighbor came to console him again. The farmer replies "Who knows what is good or bad?"
When the army passed through, conscripting men for the war, they passed over the farmer's son because of his broken leg. The neighbor stops by to congratulate the farmer that his son would be spared, again the farmer said, "Who knows what is good or bad?"
When do we expect the story to end?

I loosely applied this to me because of my knee injury. If work didn't get so crazy busy for me, maybe I wouldn't have taken enough time away from training to allow it to heal. (I really hope that it's healed).
If I end up not going to the Columbia Triathlon maybe that's just how it is supposed to be.
"Who knows what is good or bad?"

I really enjoyed taking pictures at the race last weekend. If it wasn't for the camera, I think I may have been green with envy. I'm ready to get back out there and have some fun!!

1 comment:

CSquared said...

Your story reminded me of Joseph from the old testament. His brothers had sold him into slavery into Egypt. Through a course of events he becomes the number 2 guy in all of Egypt. When a famine hits the area, his brothers come begging for food for them and their families (not knowing Joseph was the guy in charge). Here is his response from Genesis 50:19-21.

19 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

I hope I could always respond in kind, knowing I will probably not go through what Joseph had.

Good Story Matt.