Monday, May 11, 2009

Sympathy sickness.....

To say Matt's work schedule this past month was insane is a huge understatement. He has been so focused on making C5's move a success, that his own well-being has suffered greatly. Not only has the workload reduced his workout schedule significantly, but he is now so run down that he is sick with a nasty sinus infection that has settled in his lungs and vocal chords causing laryngitis. Even though the work hours are easing up, his health is still not where he wants it to be. therefore workouts are still non-existant. I feel badly and wish I could do something to make it better. I think that's partially why my workouts have been so lame the past few weeks as well. One - I feel guilty going to workout when Matt can't (when I know he wants to) and Two - I like to workout together. I'm not putting any blame on Matt for my lack of motivation. I take full responsibility. But, it's just not as much fun by myself....especially swimming! I can talk myself out of going to the pool in less than 2 seconds....and have the past 2 weeks for masters swim. So when Maija called at 7:15 tonight to tell me she was going for a short run and then to masters, it was exactly what I needed to hear. So, I threw on my run stuff, packed a swim bag and met her at the Y. We did an easy 2mile run and then went to swim. I only swam for an hour of masters, but it's more than I would have done on my own. Let's hear it for work out buddies.....hip - hip - hooray!! Thanks, Maija, for saving me from my own apathy tonight! Much appreciated...and needed!

And please send healthy vibes Matt's way this week. I am hoping that he will feel well enough for the Columbia race this weekend. Even if it ends up only being a "training race" to prep for Mooseman. It's time to move forward with healthy bodies and spirits.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

:-)

m said...

Im glad you came to run with me. It was a fun run! I wouldnt want to run around looking like that by myself anyhow!