Sunday, May 17, 2009

3 week photo journal to Mooseman 2009- vol 1

Many of us out there seem to have been in some sort of a funk recently...Matt and I included. Since the Mooseman is rapidly approaching (3 weeks from yesterday), we have decided to document our training leading into the race. We will be documenting our heightened training focus every step of the way. This will hopefully inspire (or at least entertain!) those who need it. At the same time it will hold us accountable. Alright....truth be told we thought it would be funny and add some "daily thrills" leading up to the race! Anyway, here it is........

Volume 1:
Saturday, May 16th
Inspired and ready to have a good, strong training weekend, I started my day with an hour of inten-sati at 8:00am. That class is my addiction. It gets me focused and mentally prepared to take on any challenges that lie ahead. I highly recommend it. Not to mention it's incredible cross-training for strength and flexibility. I owe my guns to Tiffany! :-)

Inten-Sati: Genine and Tiffany rockin' it out!


Matt making his delicious oatmeal concoction of oats, applesauce &
cinnamon Fiber One cereal.



When I got home, Matt and I had a leisurely breakfast and did a few household chores. Then we met up with Maija for a bike ride around 2:00. Meeting up at Maija's house is always fun because of her enthusiastic welcoming committee.....Cooper and Frito!

Matt with Cooper and Frito.




We did a modified version of the Buckman course thinking it would be a relatively good simulation of Mooseman terrain. It was a little over 27 miles with several good hills. We took our time and enjoyed the sunshine. The course takes you along the Round Valley Reservoir. It is very reminiscent of Kinzua.
Matt and Genine by Round Valley Reservoir


Maija and Genine by Round Valley Reservoir


After the ride, we had to scoot, so alas...no frozen fruit bars or frosty paws for us. We headed to Princeton to meet Scotty to pick up my mom. She had been at my sister's for the week, so was going to be spending the night with us. We got back to Somerville, cleaned up and then it was time for dinner. We treated ourselves to McCormick's & Schmick's. MMmmm.....the cedar plank salmon is delicious!!! And then of course the reward that is deserved after a hard bike day...ice cream!! :-)


Matt driving to Princeton. Genine's having fun in the car with the camera!

4 comments:

SJV said...

This is beautiful. It's like watching a very slow documentary. I wish I could join you.

My training consisted of nachos today.

CSquared said...

No nachos Big Boy, unless they are at the end of a 25 mile tether.

Genine is Tiffany the one in front of you with the ink on her shoulder, because you have bigger guns than her. When does the grasshopper become the master.

Keep it coming. Love the pics. I am totally out of it. I thought your race was four weeks away. I had the wrong weekend in my mind.

By the way Shawn, that doubly means no nachos, unless they are on the beach on the far shore a mile away.

GC said...

Put down the nachos and pick up the kettle bell!! Get on your bike and ride!!(cue the Queen song!)

Craig- Yes, Tiffany is the one in front of me. And while my guns may be bigger than hers, she can still kick my butt! Just ask Matt...she kicks his every Wednesday night at yoga!

m said...

Shaun put down your nachos and pick up your camera and join in the fun! Less than 3 weeks to Mooseman!