Sunday, August 12, 2007

This was surprising

There is a guy that works down the street from me in NYC. We do quite a bit of work with their company. I had heard that he was quite a runner, he finishes marathons in about 3 hours, give or take 10 minutes.
I figured I'd shoot him an email asking if he might be able to help me out. I explained that my goal race is the Mooseman in June and that I'm running it as a fund raiser for Leukemia.

This was part of his response: "
My sister went through 2 rounds of back to back chemo for Acute Myeloid Leukemia. She received a bone marrow transplant almost 2 years ago and is doing great."

This is the same "rare" type that both my mom and Nathan had. I was stunned. So of course he's very supportive of the cause. He also does races with Lance Armstrong's foundation.

Anyhow, I'm going to wait until after the Morgantown race before messing with my run technique. Then hopefully he will be able to give me some advice which might speed me up a bit. I'll let you know how that goes.
I felt compelled to post because of the fact his family also has dealt with AML.

No comments: