Friday, August 24, 2007

Race like the wind

Good luck guys. Wish I were there with you. Of course the Netherlands is okay too. Wandered around Amsterdam today with our hosts. Didn't stop in any Cannabis Bars. I've been walking many miles every day, in the mountains of Ireland last week, and the streets of Holland this week. I haven't had much of a chance to run, unfortunately, but I am beginning to see why Europeans are so thin. When you walk everywhere and there aren't any Doritos readily accessible, it's harder to be fat. I've lost a fair bit of weight just living here. Also, the portion sizes are ridiculously small compared to what we're used to. The Double Gulp has never been introduced here. Cokes are never refillable, and the size I get is slightly larger than a shot glass. I'm not kidding. They have these bottles that are .2 litres. That's what I got tonight with dinner. That is about one-fifth of what I would normally drink with a meal. I did finally find Doritos in a major city but they came in tiny bags with about 6 chips in them, about one-third of the 99 cent "Grab Bags" you see at Sheetz.

Anyway, I want you guys to do your best and have some fun. I'm sure your day will be educational as well. Sorry I have been absent for a while. I'll be back on Sunday, and I gotta hit the bricks.

No comments: