Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saturday's Bike/Run Brick

I decided I had better try the 10.5 mi and 5K that I'll be doing in Morgantown.
I did parking lot laps at Mountain Park for the bike portion. There is a bit of an elevation change between the 2 lots and there are quite a few turns to negotiate. I'm guessing there will be fewer turns in Morgantown but I suppose there may be more hills.
I actually finished the bike quicker that I'd thought I would but there wasn't a swim ahead of it.
My biggest concern regarding the bike is passing people and being passed. (I'm hoping I'll get to pass someone!). Maybe I'll have a later start time (it's a staggered start) and I'll get to watch some people on the course ahead of time.

The beginning of the run could also be a problem. I started my run much faster than I should. Which surprised me given the awkward feeling of running after biking . The only way I knew I was running too quickly was the foot pod. Would I be allowed to use a foot pod during the race? It's basically the same as a bike computer right? (those are allowed too right?)

Genine's HR monitor is back in action also. I had hoped we'd have it for the Tango, it arrived the Monday following, naturally. I'll bring it along in case you'd like to use it Craig.

1 comment:

CSquared said...

The trail is "closed" to people not doing the tri. A guy walking a dog made me a little nervous last year on the bike. I just yelled coming up on the left. He got good control. With Heats of 10 people, It is difficult. Just so you know I passed one person last year and got passed by a another person. I reeled him in on the run. On the run I passed a couple people from the previous heat who were suffering.

Amazingly the swim in my heat set the positions for the most part. A couple little changes.