Monday, August 20, 2007

Taper

It is time to Taper for the race. I did not get the workouts during the week in I wanted to. I was in Bakersfield, CA. I got in a couple days, but my travel days were not too successful. I tried to make up for it on the weekend. I did 10 miles (6 Sat & 4 Sun) of running and 19 biking. Last night after my Brick I felt good. Two hours later I was whooped. This morning my legs felt the fatigue, about as much fatigue as the Tango.

The good news is I have had a calf problem from before the Tango until about a week ago. It no longer is there. I was worried yesterday was going to aggravate it. Not so, it feels good.

I am going to take it easy this week before the Tri on Saturday. A couple short runs (3 miles), a swim on Wednesday (all form nothing too hard), and a couple bikes < 10 miles. Everything done pretty low in the Heart Rate zones.

My time from last year was 1:08:47. I hope to best this. I got into predicting my time before Rocky Gap and I fell apart. I will only say I hope to best this.

I hope to have Matt hard on my heels.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

You did a tough weekend of workouts. I wasn't so sure I could recover quickly enough from that many miles.

If we end up in the same wave, I can assure you I'll be gunning for you. How close can I be before I'm drafting you on the bike? Ha! I want to be close enough to tell you to speed up!!

I'm still short a few tri items. I don't have tri-shorts. So I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. Underarmor shorts under my swim suit perhaps?
I also don't have the stretch laces for the shoes.
I have a few days. Maybe I'll have something by the weekend.