Sunday, August 19, 2007

SSS - Morgantown

Matt, here is the map for the bike course. I think you were so close on the run I won't redo it.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1221456

The pool is right where I started the bike course, thus the common transition area for all events is located here.

I figured we would attend the mandatory prerace meeting Friday night at 6pm. If I didn't mention it before, all the kids are doing the kids triathlon immediately after the meeting, so we will have some time there to look over things.

The only thing tricky about the swim is the fact it is a 33 yard pool. The bike only has one small hill. There are some sections were they have these posts across the trail to keep vehicles from getting on, but totally managable. The turn around is pretty abrupt at the half way, but not a problem. The run does have a steady climb about mile 2 which makes you feel like you will never get to the turn around, but it is down hill the way back.

Plenty of snacks and drinks after the race and last year they let the kids grab whatever they wanted to.

This is a great first race because it is well organized and so many volunteers.

Look forward to seeing you guys on Friday. I can take some time off if you want to get to Morgantown earlier in the day.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

Looks like it will be about a 6 hour drive. Let me know what number I can reach you at on Friday. I can call you once we start getting closer to Morgantown. Feel free to call my cell if you haven't heard from us and need an update.

Swimming a race with no warmup is going to be interesting.
My transitions will be somewhat slow. I'm not going to keep it as simple as they suggest. I tried clipping the shoes to the pedals. With practice that will work. This weekend isn't the time to do that tho'. I'm also going to throw on socks, shorts, shirt and gloves.
I guess if you end up beating me only by my long transition times I'll know I did okay!

Oh, as for the hill during the run. Compared to the Tango, I don't think this hill can be too bad.