Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Morgantown Start Times

Got our start times. You are starting one group ahead of me.

70 (bib#) 8:00 AM Matthew Carlson

78 (bib#) 8:10 AM Craig Cerra

http://www.sprintsplashspin.com/starts/#individual Link to all start times.

I got an email about my swim time. I gave them a 6:20. I am assuming you gave them a projected time faster than mine. Of the individual contestants last year I was 89. So my bib# is not too far off. I went to last year results and looked at the people in my group. about 6 people show up. The swim times are all over the place as well as there overall times. I have not idea how they calculated start times. I checked out your group, a little faster than mine, but still all over the place.

The neighbor guy, Joel, has a 7:50 start time. His daughter told me last night he tweaked his calf and may not do it, if it doesn't feel better by Friday.

I looked at your group 0f 10 people. I only recognized one person, Noah Brak. You probably got him on the swim. He did Rocky Gap with me and was even with me on the swim. His bike was right next to mine in the transition. I am not sure how close you may be on the bike to him, but it is fair to say when he goes under 20 minutes for a 5k you might not be able to stay with him. He is an incredible runner. Of course he is 20 years old and couldn't be 150 lbs.

This means we are leaving the house about 6:30 Saturday Morning. Normal day for me, kids might not be to happy about getting up that early.

3 comments:

catmarlson said...

I never received an email regarding any of my times. So I think it's largely luck of the draw.
So I'm off 10 minutes ahead of you, I guess that means when you catch me on the bike you know you are doing well.

If there is an opening in my wave I wonder if they would let you join in?

As for the early start, waking up early isn't an issue. Being ready to race might be another story.
I think I need to take a page out of Casey's book and start running before work.

Casey said...

Best of luck to the both of you this weekend! I will be looking forward to hearing how it went down.

Also, just a quick knee update. I got up and took a run yesterday morning before work. I have done nothing since the Tango (about 2 weeks or so), so I only planned on doing a slow and leisurly 3 miles. All was well until mile 2 or so. Then the knee went out again. Now it hurts all over again. Looks like running is going to be off the table for me for a while.

We have a great gym at work with two personal trainers on staff. I was asking him about my knee and he is almost certain it is IT Band Syndrome (good call Matt). Of course, I still need to verify with my doc. The trainer also said that biking is not recommended either. Guess I need to find something I can do that won't aggrevate my knee, or my elbow, or my shoulder.

I think I am going to give jump-roping a try.

catmarlson said...

Thanks for the well wishes. Craig and I should finish at the top of our age group. Well maybe until the other 298 people finish their wave.

So if it does end up being the IT Band I'd imagine that's a quicker recovery than a surgery?

Here are a couple other links for you.
http://runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=6099&page=1&c=372

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&pwst=1&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Iliotibial+band+exercises&spell=1

Lastly, I wonder if an elliptical runner would work for you. Short term it would allow for good cardio workouts until you figure out what's up.