Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bike Leg Question & Contact Info

Hey Craig, have you had a chance to check out the bike course? If so, how did you find the conditions? My brother gave me a heads up that his partner, Scott Angove, said that a road bike would be a poor choice due to the rough conditions. Do you have the option to bring one of each, or at least a change of tires?

Just something to consider...

And in case anyone needs to try and reach me this weekend, here are the digits that should cover my bases:

My cell: 804/519-9046
Tara's cell: 804/519-6188
My mom's home: 814/726-0229
Tara's parents: 814/723-3246

4 comments:

CSquared said...

I really want to use the road. But I am making a drive through tomorrow to check it out. I will have both bikes with me, just in case.

My road bike is old enough I have a little wider tires with the old 36 spoke wheels. Thanks for the heads up.

CSquared said...

Here is my contact:

My cell: 412/852-2533
My Parents: 814/723-5668

SJV said...

Craig, are you arriving early enough to go test your bike on those roads? I think it might be very helpful in your decision-making process. Some of it will be perfectly fine for the roadbike, but if those forest service roads are gravelly, it is going to suck, especially going downhill fast and around curves...

I don't want a repeat of your accident last time.

He says on the website people used them last time, so it is obviously possible, but no one seems to think it is advisable.

CSquared said...

Both Bikes will be with me. I will check it out. I was hoping tire tracks would be less gravely. If I remeber these roads correctly, which I may not the gravel wasn't hug and usually a tire track was clearer. We will see tomorrow. The mountain bike isn't an awful choice, my main concern may be how much paved road is involved.

See you tomorrow.