Monday, August 6, 2007

Next Year

Today, I feel so full of energy that I am thinking I want to do more next year. I certainly don't want to tear the team apart, but I am in the mood to really challenge myself, and put some pressure on my running requirements, which I really need to hit hard for the Mooseman. So, my hope is that I will be in shape to do the Two Person Complete with someone (maybe we could form two teams from our relay team), or go solo. Now of course anything could happen between now and then, but this would be really motivating to me, because I would need to get much more aerobically fit to be able to do it. During the race, I felt like I wasn't doing enough. I wanted to ride with Craig and run up in the woods with the boys. I didn't really want to run with Casey (no offense, of course), but if I keep working at that, maybe I will. So why not do it all next year? Just speculation. I may be in no shape to do anything. Having seen those people coming down the river at 9 PM, I feel pretty good about not being in last place. Just finishing it would be a remarkable accomplishment. It's 54 miles, for the love of Pete!

Nothing to see here. Just letting the mind wander.

4 comments:

Casey said...

No offense taken. I like where your head is at though. Watching my brother complete the race has inspired me to consider the possiblity of doing it next year as well. Of course, I need to work through several things before that can happen, but I am definitely willing to consider it. The tandem team is the way to go too. I would need that moral support.

CSquared said...

The moral support is a biggie. I was thinking the same way. It was fun running through the woods with Matt, it would have been good to have someone with you the whole way.

Of course the only drawback is on a relay we realize we could be very competitive. We prove we can beat other teams.

The tandem way, from the looks of the best tandem team, we only prove something to ourselves, which is possibly the best goal.

catmarlson said...

Why wait for next year? Now that you are warmed up go do this one this weekend!
http://hanoverymca.org/dax.asp?ID=61

Having never raced solo...yet, I can only say that having someone else there during the events was plenty of fun.
I'm sure I wouldn't have taken our short cut over the cliff if I was by myself, unless I had told someone that was my plan before I left the beach. There were plenty of chances for trouble over there.

SJV said...

I agree that we probably take ourselves out of competition by doing the Tango Complete Team, but not if we convince Thad to have a Clydesdale category! We only need there to be one prize for that division. I'd be happy with the prize being 180 bucks. And it might convince other heavy hitters to enter too. The more prizes there are, the more exciting it is for everyone. As long as there are at least two teams in every division, that gives everyone something to shoot for.

I just want to get in shape. If I can complete the whole race in any fashion, I think I will have achieved something.