Sunday, July 19, 2009

Training is fun

Genine and I had a great time in NH. We managed to get projects done around the farm. (mostly mowing). Got to hang out with Eric and Family. Our friend Jeff even stopped by. All of this happened around a bunch of training.

Sunday: Swim
Monday: Mooseman Bike + Side Trip 33 miles, Some swimming
Tuesday: Wetsuit Swimming 2500m or so
Wed: Timberman Hills 26 miles. 45 min swim. no wetsuit. 4 mile run later
Thursday: Wetsuit Swimming
Friday: Timberman Full Course 56 Miles. Swim got rained out.
Saturday: Travel Day
Sunday: Back in NJ 10-11 mile run with Todd and Maija
26 mile bike with Genine. I got to try out Todd's HED 3 wheels. Sweet!

I'm pleased to report my knee is well. The 10-11 mile run today was super flat tho'. Maybe if it were on hills I'd have a different result. The funny part of this run was after 45 minutes. We are to run 3 miles at 6:45 pace... Todd and Maija knocked that out, I just watched them slowly pull away from me. Ah well. It was good for me to put out a hard effort for 3 miles. I didn't have my watch so I don't know what I ended up running. (good excuse eh?). I also finished thinking I need to put some more attention on planks and core for the next month. I really don't want to be dealing with side stitches at Timberman.

The only thing I messed up was practicing for the Tango. I never got my fins on! I'll be in the pool quite a bit this week. I'll be ready.

4 comments:

m said...

That's a whole buncha biking! Wow! Great training week. You definitely earned an R&R week and I think we need to lobby for a short masters practice :)

catmarlson said...

No R&R this week. This is week 2 of "two on, one off". Although I did skip my morning run today and stretched for about 20 minutes instead. I'm definitely feeling the speed portion of yesterday's run.

Jim said...

Saw Jerry saturday and he said he would be happy to paddle support for us!

I ran a 5k cross country race saturday and finished in 19:45. That is good news!

catmarlson said...

That is awesome Jim! Use the orienteering as a warmup. Then hammer the 4.5 mile run to the dam. :-)

I wish I could give you an idea of how long it will take me to finish the swim. I guess as long as it's better than last year!