Monday, July 13, 2009

Backed Out

Backed out of another race that I didn't sign up ahead of time. Makes it a lot easier. It was the five mile run last Friday. I knew I wasn't going to set the world on fire, but wanted to do it anyways.

Well, the long story is as usual, long. Short version is Geothermal heat pump quit cooling the house right before the 4th of July. Did not cause harmony in the house when your super wonderful 1.5 year old heating cooling system stops working. Good news is company I bought Ground Loop pump from stood behind the product and sent me a new pump, bad news is I had to put it in. Of course it took longer than anticipated and I was up late Thursday night. Good news, house was like a meat locker after new pump was installed (literally Eleanor had to put on a long sleeve shirt because she was so cold), Bad news I was beat, it was hot (outside) and Tamara really needed my help with the baby after she worked all day, so I decided late, real late Thursday night to not race Friday. That is the short version. Whew!

I still ran Friday night. Took the opportunity to do a fast run for two miles and a third slower. Right near 8 mins on first mile, a little slower on second, and much slower on third. Ran again Saturday. Lots of pushups and abs.

Other good news, may have found local dude with a pond big enough to open water swim only 4 miles from home. Neighbor guy who does tris wants to start putting in a couple swims a week.

More shuffling of kids anticipated over the next couple weeks for camp and Grandmas. Hope gas prices stay level.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

It's funny how easily run races can be dropped.
The tango team is more interested in your biking anyhow. :-)