Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another fantastic weekend

Friday: We sleep in for a bit then load up our bikes for what will be our longest bike ride ever. We planned 46 miles. I took my GPS in the bento box just in case I get us completely lost or if we need to modify our ride for some reason.
I wanted to pace this ride similarly to how I might ride the Timberman course. Meaning I wanted to feel like I could run when we finished. I think I accomplished that goal. I would have run a 5k when we got done but we had to get home. Jerry and Michelle were going to be there soon.
That evening we took them downtown for the “Cruise in” and met up with Tiffany and Jimmy. He brought his cobra, that is an awesome car.


Saturday: Sleep in a bit, go for a short run, then drive down to Scott and Kryste’s for dinner. Nice to be able to just sit and catch up with everyone.

Sunday: Genine and Michelle go to the pool to swim. Jerry and I go to the weight room. I did better than I expected. Jerry kept the workout moving. It was as if I had a personal trainer. We did a bunch of lunges. I’ll admit I must have gone too heavy with the weight, I’m still really feeling the legs from that workout.

Monday: Evening Masters Swimming. I think I got about 3400m in. It was a good swim. I was really trying hard to hold form. I left feeling pretty good about the swim. My legs were super tight when I finished.

Tuesday: Morning run with Todd. I got a good stretch in before I left the house but my legs are still feeling sore from Sunday’s lunges. I felt super slow. I think my legs were trying to avoid any stress, so I was running tight.

Evening Bike: With Genine, Maija and Bob. I think this managed to work out some of the junk/soreness in my legs. I guess I’ll know for sure in the morning.

I think this would have been the perfect week for a massage. I just don’t see where that’s going to fit into the schedule. Maybe when we are in NH next week.

No comments: