Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Really Important Stuff

Leave it to me to be thinking about the post- race gathering preparations instead of the actual race! But I can't help it! I think all of the cooking and baking for the Mooseman took it's toll, so I am brainstorming of ways to simplify. Which if you ask Matt, is a difficult task for my "inner-Martha". Here is what I came up with...please tell me what you think.

Since we will most likely be eating at the picnic hosted by the race at the finish, I'm thinking that instead of another big dinner at Matt's dad's cottage, we can have the Post Tango Dessert & Fruit Extravaganza....complete with a make-it-yourself ice cream sundae bar. This will keep it simple for those who are traveling (which is most of us) to be able to pick up something easy to bring (ie:cookies, fruit, watermelon, favorite ice cream flavor, etc). Matt & I will pick up all the ice cream toppings, cones, dishes, etc. No worries....you know I can't stop myself from making a few cookies!

Let me know what your thoughts are or if you have any other ideas that you think will work. Most of all, we just want to be able to get together to relax, laugh and share our stories from the day's adventures.

Now...get back to your training!!! ;-)

3 comments:

CSquared said...

What time would this extravaganza start? I am worried about attendance from all participants? You may have to reopen it for a midnight snack. :) or to carry my jocularity one step farther, we may have to canoe an order out into the river. Along, with a gallon of water and another gallon of gatorade or just mix it up into an IV bag. It would be like in air fueling, but in this case water from canoes not planes.

SJV said...

Craig and I spoke this morning, and we both agreed that we crave meat after an event like this.

I am not saying you guys need to make something, but that's what we want when we are done. I would be perfectly happy to go to McD's or Wendy's or whatever. No need for anyone to go crazy. I'd suggest doing whatever is easiest for everyone. We are all pretty flexible and easygoing people.

And C is right. We may finish 4 hours after you guys, so it's hard to plan a meal for that window. If you could throw a few burgers off the Glade Bridge, that might be cool.

catmarlson said...

I hear you on the food. This is just a tough event to plan for.
Where and when is pretty wide.
There was food at the finish last year. I'm expecting there will be again this year.