Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shoes work

Took the new shoes for a test run tonight on the Y treadmill. Two miles and no troubles. I quit while I was ahead. Everything seems to be in order. No pain. No squishy crooked feet. I didn't want to run too far in a pair of shoes that were new to my feet. Mileage is going to go up quickly though.

I also lifted a few things, Matt inspired me to do a bunch of lunges, then I went swimming until the pool closed. Everything's looking good. I even lost a couple more pounds from last week.

Gotta go for another half pound a day for the next 21 days. I still won't be down to where I was last year, but I think I'll be faster.

2 comments:

GC said...

Does this mean that the sambas are retired from the run course?

SJV said...

I am sad to say that they have to be retired at this point. I don't have time to experiment enough to figure out what went wrong, but suffice it to say they don't feel too good right now. I am not saying they will be permanently retired, but this pair at least won't be carrying me in the Tango or Timberman. They have been so good to me, I can't give them up so quickly. It could have been a number of other factors. Experimentation will have to continue, but so far so good with the Brooks.