Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Swim Lesson

I posted a couple weeks ago that I was going to do the swim focus. That's because I thought my first lesson was going to be that Thursday. Then a schedule conflict happened.
Well tonight was the first lesson. I wrote a bunch of notes about what was discussed but just looking at it I'm not sure how useful it is unless you were there.
I forwarded those notes to Shawn. If he thinks it's useful info, I'll try to edit it into something to put up here.

I feel that we set a good path for me during tonight's lesson. I hope to continue saying that after each lesson. :-)

4 comments:

silent_scream said...

i'd like to read about your swim lessons! Is this a TI thing? i signed up for yet another set of lessons too. Gets me to the pool. I heart my instructor.

CSquared said...

Next time video tape the lesson, then we will be there.

Ruth, send pictures of your instructor then we will know if you can heart him or not.

SJV said...

You don't need my approval. But I would like photos to illustrate each point. Do not post without photos. I am a visual learner. Show me and I remember.

Help us all.

catmarlson said...

I'm not sure visual is possible.
It does bring up one of the the reasons I like this coach.

He communicates well. Good verbal. Also good visually, he will get in the pool when necessary to teach by example.
What is best is that he always seems to be able to get me to actually feel the changes.
He will have me swim the wrong way and have me explain what it feels like. Then the right way and explain again. This way he knows whether or not I feel the difference, understand why it's better and am much more likely to remember it.