Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bike Lesson

A little different than Matt's lesson, but a lesson just the same.

Lesson #1 - Get home from Mall with wife and child. Tell wife you are going for bike ride 8:30 pm. She says it will be dark soon. Aaaah . . . (looking up to the sky) . . . not for an hour or so. I was wrong, she was right.

Lesson#2 - If riding at sunset avoid areas with overhanging trees with steep descents. The shadow or dark spot of a pot hole plummeting at 40 mph is not as evident as you would think it should be. No wreck on my part, but I was so scared (because of course I couldn't slow down), I think I pee'd a little (or it might be the hard rack of the saddle into that area forced a little out, or it was just sweat, yeh sweat).

Lesson #3 - Don't let the neighbor kid see you coming home without a light on your bike after dark. "Hi, Mr Cerra, didn't you know it was dark?". "Are you suppose to be riding in the dark, my mom told me (numerous reasons not to do it) " "Does Mrs. Cerra know you are doing this?" Good night Bryson.

5 comments:

catmarlson said...

Just the other night, Genine and I noticed a biker with a really nice flashing tail light and a helmet light. I commented that the tail light is great for people seeing me. The headlamp on the other hand is only good enough for a slow easy ride home on a mtn bike.
If I'm on my road bike, I need to be able to see the road!

So you will "sweat" in your bike shorts but not in your wetsuit before a race?

SJV said...

Craig tries to pee in all of his equipment if possible.

CSquared said...

Mark your equipment, keeps others from wanting to use it.

It is all about flow and medium. If you "sweat" in your wetsuit that is the same medium as where your face is, it could flow anywhere.

We might need to stop talking about this, I was wrong last night and my wife knows it, if she reads this than I am uncouth and vulgar.

So, in this case I will stop while I am only a little behind.

SJV said...

Your behind isn't that little.

CSquared said...

Boy did I deserve that. Nice!