Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tango!

I'm in as the swimmer. I thought there might be a chance I'd get you guys and upgrade to the team and I'd duck out. That didn't happen. You are stuck with me.

So I guess it's time to start covering some of the details.

Do we have someone that can be my safety kayak/canoe during my swim? I definitely swim off to my left when I get tired. So it would be helpful if they understand I'm going to use their position to guide me rather than them following me.

Do we have a canoe lined up for Craig and Jerry and someone to get it below the dam?

We can work on the car shuffle details later.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

4 comments:

Jim said...

Talked to Jerry last night. He said it would be no problem for him to do safety for you for the swim!!

Also, ran a 5k cross country race in 19:45 which I was pretty happy with.

Looking forward to the TANGO!!

CSquared said...

I can see why your just pretty happy with that run :)

If Jerry wants to use my Mom & Dad's kayak for the Safety that would be fine. That way at the end of the swim the kayak is essentially where it needs to be, also we can already have the canoe staged.

I always have two canoes. The one Shawn used last year is the lighter and potentially faster, but if we come up with a better option, all the better. Also, we are using the kayak paddles, just so Jerry knows, for the canoe piece.

catmarlson said...

I realize I don't swim very fast but should we be concerned about Jerry paddling as my support?
Or does it seem like that would be a good warmup for his event?

CSquared said...

The stress of paddling shouldn't hurt him, I think it would only be bad if it is a real hot day.

I can still ask Mom or nephew to help out if you think this would be good.