Thursday, October 2, 2008

Track Workout 8 and Weight Loss Goal Update

Bob, Todd and I at the track this AM.
A repeat performance of this workout. 3 weeks ago, 3 days after Buckman.
Whereas this week, I've run 10.3 miles Monday and a 6.25 miles Wednesday.

2000m: 1:42, 1:42, 1:41, 1:40, 1:39 = 8:24 (26 seconds faster )
1600m: 1:34, 1:37, 1:36, 1:36 = 6:23 (34 seconds faster..)
1200m: 1:35, 1:43, 1:35 = 4:53 (12 seconds faster..) (I hit the watch late on the 1:43 BTW)
800m: 1:33, 1:33 = 3:06 (11 seconds faster)
400m: :40@200 + :43 = 1:23 (4 seconds faster)

Weight Loss: My goal was 170 by Nov 23rd. My plan was to try and eat the number of calories that I feel like I should to maintain 170. So it would not be much of a deficit and would be a slow loss. I was on track with that and it was working.
The last few days, that fell apart and my eating has been more like my deficit from Jan-March. That combined with a ramp up in run mileage caused me to drop about 5 or 6 pounds. (oh man!). So before my run this AM I weighed in at 170. I know it will fluctuate but the number has been hit so the new goal has to be set. I'm going to say 165 and I plan on getting myself back together with the eating the right number of calories to hold that.
I tried to swim last night and my toes were crossing/cramping after about 30 minutes of swimming. Could be nutrition, could be that I had run the 10K in the AM which is "new".
For those that are thinking that is too light. The incredibly wise BMI charts tell me that I'm finally at a "healthy weight". A 129-174 pound rage is healthy for me. So be glad I didn't say 135!

Tonight I hit the weights. I gotta put some pounds back on!!! Bring on the biker legs!

4 comments:

esther said...

way to go, track monster! your times will still be my unicorn although you're rapidly escaping..

catmarlson said...

Oh, I forgot to mention. Todd, being true to form, when deciding what workout we should do named this workout... but left out the 2000m to start it off.
Obviously I called him on it. haha

m said...

congrats on the weight loss! sorry i missed the workout. when are you doing a 5k?

CSquared said...

You, your too skinny (fast). "Eat Papa Eat, nobody wants a skinny Santa Claus" Mrs. Claus in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

"You a skinny little boy, eat, sit and eat, I make you something" My Great Grandma Gelotte, she didn't sound as good as I just wrote because she spoke mostly Italian.

Awesome dude. You need to do a 5K to set the bar. I need the inspiration.