Wednesday, October 15, 2008

2 years into this now

It was 2 years ago today that I got off the couch and hopped on the treadmill with the 5K training program.
I figured I'd look up what the day one workout was just for fun.
40 min at 3 mph. Ha! I remember that now. I was thinking, Man they really are going to take this slow, I walk faster than this during my commute every day.
They waited until day 2 to make me feel badly about myself. Ha Ha... No seriously, I was hurtin.

So 2 years later and 50+ pounds lighter... on some level I still feel like I'm just getting started. Which is a really good thing. I'd hate to burn this hobby out, the only thing negative I can find about it is the hit my bank account is taking from it. :-)
(I worry for Craig... if all of his kids start racing triathlon. Yikes! Goodbye College Fund!)

I'm not posting this to pat myself on the back tho'. I wanted to thank all of you. I know that I wouldn't have been this successful doing this alone. I really appreciate all the time spent blogging, learning, challenging, training, encouraging, inspiring, trash talking.... All of you have played a big part in my success.
Thanks Everyone! (you know who you are)

June 2006 Me w/ my Uncle George in Colorado
IMG_0929 Matt George.JPG

Oct 2008 Tewksbury NJ

6 comments:

CSquared said...

College Fund? How do you think I afford my stuff? Kids better hit Grandma & Grandpa up for their stuff.

I had to look behind me to see who your were talking about.

Awesome. You realize with 22+ Kg loss you are only 77.3% of the man your were two years ago. HA! I bet you see it as 200% of the man you were. Good job. I have trouble remembering my wedding anniversary.

catmarlson said...

Good point on the $$. I think all triathlon purchases fall under the health category, tough to be denied buying something that will make you live longer. Your kids will understand.

I've got good connection for remembering Genine's B'day and our Anniversary.
There is a couple here at work. She has the same B'day as Genine and their anniversary is one day before ours. Dave and I have a pact, we are both to blame if either of us forget.

Our 14th anniversary was last Wednesday. I was going to post up the group photo from the wedding. Only we couldn't find it! It took a few days but we finally found it. I'll scan it an post it to flickr when I get a chance.

esther said...

where is the rest of matt??

you look awesome!

m said...

Damn!

catmarlson said...

thank you ladies.

I was really just fishing for compliments. I'm such an egotist!

ha ha
;-)

CSquared said...

Did you just call me a Lady?!?!?!