Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Possible 2009 Tri Schedule

Scheduling a year in advance is a whole new concept to me. Not to mention I look at this schedule and laugh. One of these would have killed me 2 years ago.
Yet I think about how much fun this past summer was. I can only hope to have a repeat performance next summer.

3 Races in NH. Eric and Family will be tired of seeing us.

April 26 Bassman NJ Olympic
May 17 Columbia MD Olympic
June 6 Mooseman NH Olympic
June 28 Morgantown WV Olympic
July 11 Black Fly Tri NH Olympic
Aug 1 Kinzua Country Tango Adventure Race PA... Not sure how to compare. Half Iron+
Aug 23 Timberman 70.3 NH

I'm registered for the ones in red. So I lose money if I back out of those.

Plenty of room for modification.
I put a list like this up last year. It was a good guide is all.

4 comments:

CSquared said...

Eyes Bigger than you VO2 level last year. This looks like a respectable list. You are still doing the Boston Marathon?

Black Fly, is something like Super Fly. Doesn't sound appealing if they are biting.

catmarlson said...

Initially I was planning on running Boston as Nathan's runner. I knew it would be very motivating for me to do this.
Then I talked to Jim about what the recovery time from a marathon would be. "rule of thumb 1 day per mile".
It then looked to be too close to the beginning of Tri season.
I called Eric about how I was feeling about it all. He thought that the Mooseman fundraiser was a much better plan. (because we were able to direct the funds to Dr Guinan). He is right, that's where I should focus my efforts.
So Boston isn't on my list for 2009. (I continue my streak of bailing out of distance running races).

The Black Fly season in NH is typically May. Mosquitoes, as we witnessed, is June. By July it's typically normalized to a dull buzzzz.

catmarlson said...

Oh, I also missed my chance at Newfoundland 70.3. It no longer exists.

m said...

Nice schedule. If I get my pro card I will consider Timberman half. Maybe...