Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Backing out of another long run

Typically Genine and I travel back to Warren PA for Thanksgiving and visit family. It doesn't look like that is going to happen this year. So my Dad will be out to visit us the weekend of the Philly Run, which will extend my streak of backing out of running races.
I had been putting events like this on the calendar in order to have a goal race. I have a feeling that psychological tactic isn't going to work much longer. Haha!
It's probably just as well, my run mileage isn't where it should be anyhow. I've been enjoying biking on the weekends rather than running.

Oh, and to give you all an idea of how "into training" Genine has become. On her way home from a 12-13 hour day at work she says to me. "So I was thinking, there's probably a 5K Turkey Trot going on around here... I'd be into doing that".
I have a feeling we are going to have to make a schedule for the bike trainer soon. :-)

3 comments:

m said...

there's a Turkey Trot 5k in Flemington

catmarlson said...

I'm seeing team categories at that Flemington race. Could there be another KB2 race in the works?

m said...

I know they had family categories...I haven't seen others. I may have to look. Not sure what I am doing yet.