Friday, October 17, 2008

Lazy, Enjoying My Dark Chocolate M&M

I have not done any workouts since last Saturdays run.  It doesn't look promising tonight.  Tomorrow, right?  I think I will get a run in tomorrow.  Then again on Sunday.  

I went to a Board of Education informational meeting last night about nutrition in the school district.  I volunteered to be the representative from Eleanor's school.  They won't let mom's bring in cup cakes anymore and Halloween parties, no candy! :( 

During the meeting I got the thrust of why.  The schools don't believe that kids are obese in America because of them, but this school district is going to make sure they don't increase it. Plus, with all the food allergies  Good meeting.  The problem is now I have to explain this to the PTO.

But, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple things on the way home.  With all this nutional information right in the frontal lobe of my mind, I decided I need a bag of some kind of chocolate.  So, I looked over the M&M's and picked the dark chocolate ones.  See how good of a choice that is?????

*Raza De Los Muertos*  Even though I said the racing season is over, here is an event I would love to do.  

I would also do Bruceton Cyclocross  but I am not sure if Tamara would think kindly of me leaving her during labor.

A little Cyclocross Fun Video.  I can only hope it would be this much fun.

3 comments:

catmarlson said...

As Genine watched the Cyclocross video, she said to me. You aren't going to be doing that.
Hahaha.

So did this school district go so far as to analyze the nutrition of the daily lunch they are offering?
Are there vending machines at/near the cafeterias?

Just curious.

CSquared said...

Does that mean Genine wants to do it without you? :)

The school district could defend the healthyness of there lunches pretty good. No fried food, recipes for other food meet specs, and sugar desserts have been eliminated that aren't fruit or ice cream.

Problem is vending machines for soda, but 75% of the counties have taken caffeine out of the machines and only allow water or 100% juice to be served from opening bell to the end of the day. No food vending machines on during the day or at least until lunch is over.

Actually none of the schools my kids go to have vending machines because in WV grade schools up to including 8th grade can't have vending machines. Maddy's school is combination middle/senior so they had to abide by middle school rules.

silent_scream said...

So is this race for the "extinct race" of dead people? I didn't know about that classification but then, leave it to the good folks of West Virginia to come up with a new one.
Raza means race as in racial classification vs. Carrera meaning running contest.
Hmm, I'd like to see those folks running. But would not like to see the carcasses they leave behind...perfect for Halloween.
Good luck Craig, I hope they let live people participate :)