Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Done Deal

Well, it's official. I drank the kool-aid (or a bit too much pool water from the Bridgewater Y) and have decided to join all of you crazy people. I am officially registered and paid for the Mooseman Olympic and Timberman Sprint for summer 2009. YIKES!! Honestly, I am not sure where this burst of confidence has come from. I know I can manage the bike and I can now comfortably run
4 miles at an 8:45 pace and swim 800m in the pool at a "steady" pace w/o being out of breath.
But come on now, what makes me think I can do all 3 things (not to mention much longer distances & speed) in a row and survive???

I guess I would have to say that it has been watching all of you. Everyone's individual transformations this past year have been truly inspiring to me. So I am leaving the ranks of relay teams (except for the Tango - KB2 still has a title to defend!) and going to learn how to fly solo. I have a TON of work ahead of me these next 7 months. But to that I say....Bring it on!!!

2 comments:

m said...

Yeah!! You can do it and you will be great!

esther said...

girl, you are going to kick so many b2's on the course! and gb's. way to go! i'm excited for you! and a little intimidated.. =o)