Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Spirit of Morgantown

Got this email about the morgantown race:

The MedExpress Spirit of Morgantown Triathlon features a new sprint distance along with the olympic distance and half distance races. The half distance includes a 1.2 mile swim in the Monongahela River, a rolling 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run on a new flat and fast course along the Mon River, the Olympic race includes a 1500m swim, 40k bike, and 6.2mi run, and the sprint includes a 750m swim, 20k bike, and 5k run.

Dude, no 6th street hill.  Bittersweet.  I won't miss doing that hill, but no revenge factor or devil.  Man this race is going to be cookie cutter course by the time they are done.  Next thing you know they will actually close the locks on the dam so the swim is without a current.  Bad bike hill gone (06), bad run hill gone (09).  I am going to have to bike with a single speed BMX bike and no shoes to even make this challenging.  HAAAAAAAA!HAAAAAA!


Car update:  Tried to really low ball a dude on a nice used Toyota Avalon (leather, sunroof, nice car).  I thought world banking crisis.  People can't get loans, I'm paying cash.  He bickered for about 3 minutes with me, went to his manager, came out and said this price, which was too high, or no deal.  I said OK, no deal,  call me when you want to send it to auction.  He said this car will sell itself, which I made a comment about why am I leaving without it.

So,  tomorrow I go to look at a couple Camry's, not as nice as the Avalon, but they will probably deal a little more with me.  Of course we are starting to need the car and my father-in-law will probably get sick of shifting cars to help me out if I don't get a deal done this weekend.  It's like when you were dating.  No girls are interested until you get a girlfriend, then they are all over you.  So, many good deals on cars until I want to buy one.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I wonder if they counted how many people actually ran up that hill.
If so I'd love to know the percentage.
Maybe then I wouldn't feel so badly. Ha ha!