Saturday, October 11, 2008

Race Prep

Was an easy day around the house. Hair Cut..Yard work.. oil change.. Kona Iron Man streaming on the computer.. midday nap! Then a short run with some bursts to get the legs ready for some speed tomorrow. I have to say, I'm still not 100% recovered from last Saturday. Which then makes me think I haven't been pushing as hard as I could be. Maybe I'm supposed to be this sore after a few hard weeks?

I'll just have to get a good warmup in tomorrow before the run. Otherwise I have a feeling I'll be pretty slow for the first 2 miles. Also, I don't know exactly what my race strategy is. I'm guessing I'll stay in my zone for the first 2 miles, then see if I can increase my pace the rest of the way in. I say this now, but I really have no clue what I'm doing.
Which made me realize most of the racing I have done has been all about pacing. I wanted to be able to survive/finish the events, as this was something I couldn't imagine doing 2 years ago.
Now the race tomorrow, obviously I'm going to survive 5 miles. So there isn't really going to be any satisfaction of "just finishing the race" as I often feel in the multisport events. I guess I'm going to find out about the more competitive aspect of this. My time will matter....or it should anyhow. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments: