Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Track Workout 5 / Philly Half Marathon

Our group isn't letting the lack of daylight slow us down, all 6 of us were at the track this morning. Here's the workout.

5x 400 1:45.8, 1:49.2, 1:50.3, 1:44.6, 1:40.5 = 8:50.4 footpod measured 1.271 miles
4x 400 1:39.7, 1:46.7, 1:44.4, 1:46.6 = 6:57.4 footpod measured 1.014 miles
3x 400 1:41.2, 1:41.9, 1:42.2 = 5:05.3 footpod measured .740 miles
2x 400 1:38.2, 1:39.1 = 3:17.3 footpod measured .509 miles
1x 400 1:27.1 footpod measured .246 miles
There was a 400 rest interval after each of those.
I put the footpod info there just to give people an idea of the accuracy of it.

Also, after the race Sunday we had talked about doing the Philly Half Marathon. I asked again this morning if that still sounded like a good plan. I think 4 of us are in and the other 2 are still considering it. Armando is signed up for the full Marathon.
It's 10 weeks away, what do you think Shawn? Here's the plan to get you there.

Armando mentioned he plans on dropping 10 pounds before the marathon. I'm also on a plan that I'm hoping will get me down 8-10 from where I am now. Maybe every time I stray from my diet, I'll make myself carry 5 pound hand weights for my scheduled run. Ha ha! (Shawn is reading this thinking "why only 5's?".)

Lastly, as you might have read on the other's blogs, we cannot seem to come up with a good name for our Tri Team. Please feel free to make some suggestions. Don't be offended when we don't choose it. We seem to be incredibly picky.

5 comments:

SJV said...

In order for us to effectively name your team, we need some more information. For example (and not that this is a real attempt), a name like TriGuys probably wouldn't work because you aren't all guys. Likewise, we wouldn't want to have other characteristics misrepresented by your name, like Fat and Fast, or Graybeards Unite or something like that. So what kinds of things are you trying to say with this name? What do you value as a group? Diversity? Love, Dedication, middle-agedness, kidlessness, hairyness, bald and beautiful heads, long slender necks, tattoos, rippling abs, funny running styles, or cheap bikes? How can we come up with a name if we don't know this group like our own family?

catmarlson said...

I see your point. I guess I may have made it sound like this club was only going to be the current group of people.
I believe it will be a club which anyone could join if they were interested. So it can't be too specific.

CSquared said...

With the SB label that is like an Indian name. To be politically incorrect you could call it the "Tri-injuns". Everyone would need to take an Indian name as part of an initiation. Which may cause even more naming issues, which would lead to names like "un-named triinjun 1", "un-named triinjun 2", etc. Then someone may give you a pair of cycling shoes, then decide they want them back, then it would start a whole Indian-giver scenario (which I don't understand because it really is Indian-taker -backer, and for that matter why was Indian attached to it anyways).

As always I know I was helpful. Oh, my point is that the Indian name gives each individual the thing that Shawn was mentioning instead of the name of the group.

catmarlson said...

Wow, Indian Names for everyone would be entertaining but you are right, not PC.
Pirate names are safe tho right?
Talk like a pirate day is approaching (Sept 19th), maybe we go that route?
Central Jersey Sea Dogs Tri Club.
Free Club Name with every membership.
I was thinking it would be hard to come up with good names. Google might be able to help...
http://gangstaname.com/pirate_name.php
or
http://www.piratenames.net/

Of course I was dubbed Torso Man back in college. Which in Pirate Speak became Long Belly. So I'm all set if we go this route... Which we won't. Ha!

esther said...

1:27?! oh man.. i think i need to find someone slower to chase down...thx for posting times!