Friday, September 5, 2008

Swimming Bear vs Dolphin

It appears MC has been dubbed Swimming Bear (SB).  I have heard this before, but I see where others are openly referring to him as this. 

So, on with Swimming Bear vs Dolphin.  I was watching a show with my kids yesterday, FETCH! w/Ruff Ruffman on PBS.  They had a 12 yr old little boy try to compete against a dolphin.  They were in the Dolphin's pool (so the dolphin had home pool advantage).  The kid was actually a pretty good little swimmer.   It took him 1:53 to swim the perimeter of the pool.  The dolphin did it in 9 seconds.  The dolphin could have lapped the boy 12 times.  So, the question is could Swimming Bear only get lapped 11 times by the dolphin. :)   Just to walk into another subject, would Esther only get lapped 10 times racing the dolphin pretending it was a virtual SB.

Just food for thought.  Ultimately I bring this up because SJV always says if he could just learn to swim like a dolphin.  Let's say that the little boy & dolphin was swimming a 100 yds.  I calculate Shawn could do the TANGO swim in 6 mins and 24 seconds, if he actually could swim like a dolphin based on the what I saw from a real Dolphin.

Of course in my scenario, Shawn still wouldn't win the TANGO because Toby would gain more during the half marathon than Shawn would gain on the Dolphin Swim.  

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

That may be the biggest setup on this blog to date.
Well done!