Friday, September 5, 2008

Taper for Buckman

Other than a lack of running miles. I feel like I've been going pretty hard the last few weeks. So it was no surprise to me that I didn't decide to run after work last night, never mind that it was 92 degrees out, then I fell asleep around 9PM. I figured I'd run in the morning.
Well how about sleeping in instead...6:30AM. I feel really good now that I've slept well.

I was actually getting somewhat concerned that I'm doing to much leading into race day. I really backed off the training for all the other races this year. Well, if I look at it closely I didn't have a choice.
1) Bassman: My lower back was very problematic right up to the day of the race. Training wasn't possible.
2) Brooklyn Half: only had 5 days to recover from Bassman. Major pain just hours after.
3) Mooseman: Still recovering from the Brooklyn Half. Had considered switching to relay.
4) Morgantown: I looked at the blog to see where I was for this one. I was still talking about surviving the races on June 20th. So I guess I still wasn't 100%.
5) Tango: I was nervous about hurting myself at this one but it turned out to be a good test and confidence builder.

I have to say I'm regretting not making it to the brick workout on the course a couple weekends ago. One more time around the bike course would have helped me get a feel for when the good times to push are.
I am looking forward to being back in the wetsuit. I've been feeling awfully slow at the pool lately. I hope that with the super-suit on, I can put up a good time.

Anyhow, I'm feeling confident and I'm going to find out how I feel going with a short taper.
Should be fun!

2 comments:

CSquared said...

Always be attacking, my friend. Do it up.

m said...

You are ready! Good choice on the sleeping in and no running yesterday.

Looks like you start 5 mins ahead of me...Better watch out!