Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Gear for Genine

Genine and I went to go riding last night, during rush hour. We won't make that mistake again. We got to a stop sign and needed to cross the road to continue our route, we waited for about 4 or 5 minutes without a break that would allow us to cross. Genine's been having trouble with her feet cramping up, we think her shoes are the wrong fit. So I suggest we give up fighting traffic and go to the bike shop to look for some road shoes for her.
We wanted to have the shifting on her bike tuned up anyhow. The shifting of the front rings hasn't been as smooth as it should be and she has dropped the chain a few times as a result. We can't have those types of problems for Team KB2 this weekend.
I dropped my bike off as well. I can't seem to figure out how to adjust/clean my front brake to allow it to open properly. It just doesn't snap full open when released, so I've been leaving the brake almost completely open recently. It still works as a brake, I'd just like that extra clearance back.
While I was checking the bikes into the repair shop, Genine was being fitted for road shoes.
This is what she ended up with. Shimano R099. She was pleased with them because the colors matched her bike so well.... Oh, and because it's a men's shoe, they really fit much better than the other pair. It gave her just a bit more width. Of course these shoes aren't compatible with the pedals that are currently on her bike. (which we were going to change at some point in the future anyway). So we upgraded her to a Look style cleat and the Shimano 105 pedals.
I think her feet are going to be much more comfortable in the new shoes this weekend.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I did have the pedal model wrong. I've edited the post to correct this.