Monday, September 1, 2008

Workouts and the Labor Day Bike and BBQ

Friday morning, Swimming with Bob, Claudia and Esther. 60 minutes of trying to keep up with the 3 of them. So maybe I only did 350 on the 400's just so I was at least on the same set they were on most of the time. :-)

I went trail running with Maija and her dog Frito on Saturday while Genine went riding.
Phew! There was one hill that was possibly more steep than that hill on the Morgantown run. I think it was longer as well. And just like the race, I had to walk. I'll download the file and check the elevation to get a better idea about the hills.
This is a run I should be doing more often. I'll have to work at making that happen.
Day 2 of 60+ minutes of trying to keep up.

Sunday 1PM Bike ride. Bob, Peter and I are the only ones that were able to make the bike ride. So instead of doing my route which was going to be 28 miles, I let Peter lead the ride because he knows the area so well.
Bob did IronMan Lake Placid in July, Peter is preparing to do IronMan New Zealand. We did 38 miles, which surprisingly enough is my longest ride ever. As I'm sure you could have guessed. I spent over 2 hours trying to keep up. It was a really nice ride tho'. The weather was fantastic.

After the ride, get back to the house, take a quick shower and crank up the tunes for the BBQ! I'm guessing we had about 26 people over. Great group of people, very fun time.

Monday, Genine and I did a quick ride in the evening, about 14 miles. After the first few minutes of the ride, I let Genine catch up and let her lead the ride. I was tired and I missed my place at the back of the pack. :-)

It was a great weekend. Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

CSquared said...

You should train with less impressive resumes. Like mine. The view would be better rather than familiar. :)

Sounds like a goooood weekend. What was on the menu Sunday? I caught cookies from another Blog. What kind of meat, any exotic fruits?

I did grilled pineapple two weeks ago. Magnificent! Kids loved it. We did baked tators and marinated deer steaks on Saturday.

Sunday at a festival I had corn on the cob and a sweet baked potato done on a grill.

catmarlson said...

Burgers, Dogs,Grilled Chicken, Grilled Salmon, Chicken Sausages.
Vegetable Lasagna.
Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad, Fruit Salad, Bean Salad...
Tons of desserts. Brownies, cookies, ice cream, layer bars, pineapple upside down cake...
Good variety of drinks. Wine, Sangria, Assorted beers and soda.
Oh and White Russians.
I believe the Martini Glasses were out again but I don't think they were used.
If you can't make it for a race. You will have to bring the family out for one of of the tri parties.
I'm guessing your grilled pineapple would be well received.

CSquared said...

I can always whack a deer if you are going to be short on meat (or decide to hit one with the car). Just need a couple days notice. :)

I keep trying to talk Tamara into a Pig Roast. I don't eat much pork, but the idea sounds cool, to me, not her.

I know a guy for his wedding reception, he did shoot a couple deer and they put them on a spit just like a pig roast. Kind of a Red Neck joke, "you might be a red neck if you go to a wedding and need a pocket knife for the main course."

Food sounds awesome, Grilled Salmon, yes. Heck with the family I will drive all night by myself to come to the next one.

catmarlson said...

Speaking of deer, one ran right in front of us on our bike ride last night. Genine was on the brakes and I almost ran into her. Fortunately the rest of the herd didn't follow. They waited until we were gone.
I really don't need to be run over by a deer while biking. I have enough troubles as it is.

Oh, and if you are traveling solo. It might be faster/cheaper to fly into Newark.

m said...

It was a great party!

It's always a good thing to train with people faster than you if you can. Even though it can be demoralizing sometimes. You'll see the results paying off.

catmarlson said...

"It's always a good thing to train with people faster than you if you can."

I totally agree. I don't let it bring me down. It's actually quite motivational. I would have quit a long time ago if it bothered me.