Friday, September 18, 2009

So begins the off season.

Now that I’ve got the race reports done I can go back to my normal ramblings.

I was pretty wiped out on Monday so I watched the Bills game into the 3rd quarter. Then figured I’d better stop watching before the wheels fall off.

Tuesday: we decided to go to the pool. They’d painted the pool so we wanted to check that out. Genine got a good swim in. I was having trouble with my goggles and felt like the paint fumes were going to kill me. So I didn’t get much accomplished.

Wednesday: back to the pull up plan. Then went to masters swimming. The pool seemed to have less of a paint smell to it tonight. I got some good distance in tonight. Wasn’t doing a good job at watching the clock, nor was I counting laps well. I guess as long as err by swimming extra, how bad can it be?

Thursday: Pushups… I crashed and burned on the last set. Genine beat me by 2. Then we went out for our run. I ran with Genine for 5 miles of the Ballpark loop. It was just a great night to be out running.
Then we decided to check out the 200 squat challenge. Figured we’d do the test to see where we should start. Genine did 200. I did 100 and quit. I guess we are going to add weight and try again some time next week. Lunges will also be added.

Friday: Taking the night off.

I’ll admit I spent more than a little bit of time considering different options of how to improve my biking for next year. I’m not alone with this. Biking is Genine’s favorite event. She wants to spend a lot more time in the passing lane next year.
So we’ve been looking at options. Power meters and Online Coaching being the money options. At the same time we’ve been trying to modify our schedule so we can make the classes that we want to attend… swimming, yoga and other stuff.

You can expect to hear a bunch more about the biking plan in the next week or so.
Suggestions are welcome!

4 comments:

silent_scream said...

not a suggestion but a bit of fun info from wikipedia:

World records

* The world record for sumo squats performed in one hour is 5,135, held by Thienna Ho.

Mjay said...

Wow---Genine, you can beat that no problem. :) 5136 in one hour!!! Let the training begin

catmarlson said...

My guess is she and the rest of the intensati class beats this record every Saturday morning.

Mjay said...

If they haven't ..... they will!