Monday, September 28, 2009

Not so smart sometimes

So last week my brain was fuzzy. As a result I wasn't very productive. Thursday night I was going to sleep at 9PM!! Slept until 6:30AM. I was hoping that I would be well rested and could drive back to Warren Friday night. Nope, got home from work Friday night and was still in a fog. It was starting to freak me out a bit. I was well rested, eating well, drinking plenty of fluid... I was starting to think something more serious could be wrong. Then I figured it out.
The weekend of Buckman/Skylands, I somehow got some poision ivy rashes on my chest. I eventually broke down and started to put Benadryl cream onto the rash. Not only did it stop the itch, it stopped my brain from working right! So dumb! I was glad to have figured it out. I stopped using it and all is well.
We made it to Warren Saturday afternoon. Jerry, Jordan and I went to the weight room while Genine and Michelle went swimming. I still wish our Y could be as nice as the Warren's facility...
Then I went to my Dad's and we watched the PSU game. It wasn't their night.
Sunday, Genine and I go over to run with Michelle and Jerry. I started running up the hill and the big toe on my left foot was in bad shape. I've never had this problem before. It felt like that toe was broken or I had turf toe. So I tell Jerry he should go catch up with the girls and I'll just walk back to the house. After about 10-15 minutes of walking, it felt like I was going to be able to run. I didn't think I had a chance of catching up but I headed down Conewango and up 5th to see if I could see them. Nope, I just continued up to the High School, up to the elementary school, 1 lap around the lower parking lot and back to the house just in time to see Genine run around the corner. So much for the group run..
Then more football over at my dad's. This time the Steelers bummed us out.
Jim texted that he was back in town and asked if I wanted to borrow his boot for treating plantar fasciitis. Genine and I went up to pick that up from him. He thinks my toe problem is probably a side issue from the fasciitis. He's probably right.

That's the news. Hopefully I'll be less foggy this week and be more productive.

2 comments:

silent_scream said...

I still Heart PSU, even if the lost to IOWA!!!

silent_scream said...

I wonder if you got a cramp on your toe?