Tuesday, September 22, 2009

following the dude

Tonight was the second time in a week that I ran WITH Matt....the whole time. Not just starting out together and then him taking off after a minute. We did 5miles last Thursday and 4miles tonight. It's been so much fun for me! Even thought I know that he has slowed his pace waayyy down for me, it's still enjoyable to be running together. The other amazing point worth mentioning is that both runs have been pretty much pain free. Go figure!! Maybe being sick for 12days and not working out much has helped from a recovery stand point!

I hope to be able to keep up this slow, but steady "running program". As I have said before, I really think I could grow to love running if I can manage my hip/leg pain. Time will tell. For now I will keep following Matt for our "meet in the middle" runs (his slow run=my "fast"run) and see where that takes me over the next few months. Thanks, Matt! You rock!!

1 comment:

Mjay said...

Cool! Glad to hear that the hips are feeling better. Maybe Tiffany was right? hmmm-ya think?

Rest is a wonderful thing.

Do you want to swim on Saturday?