Friday, September 11, 2009

Ahhh swimming....

Wednesday night I finally made it to the pool....all clean, with fresh water and newly installed drains (to meet the new safety codes). It was great. I had the pool to myself (I am sure the lifeguard was thrilled when I showed up). Broke out my new equipment, chose my workout, and I was off. The water temp was actually a bit warmer than I expected but not so warm that it hindered the swim. My initial goal = endurance with extended strokes without breathing so often. ( Yeah - I remember Coach Phillip's words about not breathing with every stroke. I remember Judy Kylander (Olympic Trial Competitor - WAHS grad) breathing only once per length....NOT me.) I had to breath on every 4th stroke. Soooo---that's something to work on. Additionally I found that my kick is quite weak. Matt-any thoughts for improving this (drills etc).

Here's what I did
200 WU
2x200 (50 F, 100 Kick, 50 F)
300, 200, 100
100 CD - backstroke
And then time ran out....time to pick up football player #2 and go home and feed both FB#1 and FB#2. (Thank goodness for stirfry!)

All in all---loved the swim. Can't wait to build up more endurance. I simply focused on freestyle. I do want to crank out some butterfly but that can wait. Next time I will be sure to give myself a full hour to complete the entire work out.

Plan for this weekend....3 mile run, Football tomorrow in Erie at 9 am, maybe breakout my new DVD when I get home (P90X), Sunday Football again...run and maybe p90x. I'll let you know how it all works out.

Oh yeah - good news...found a fellow goal oriented individual "competer" who has signed up for Thad's class. She's shooting to do the Tango next year (solo). She said "It ain't pretty (her in Thad's class) but she's doing it and refuses to quit." Sweet...I'll be hooking up with her soon. "Girl Power"

3 comments:

SJV said...

Is there any chance of maybe getting a P90X DVD from you? Is sharing allowed? My mind is already confused, so I figure my muscles might as well join in. Maybe you could just tell me what to do if disk duplication is beyond your capabilities, ethics, or generosity. I am interested is seeing what those disks are asking people to do. And I need some motivation. The season's over for me and I am going to get fat again if I don't find something to get me going.

GC said...

I'm so glad that you are getting into this, Michelle. It's kind of like we get to workout together only it's long distance...not quite the same but still motivating! You know if I were closer I would be joining you in Thad's class to get my butt kicked along side you!

Mjay said...

shawn...i am told by casey that duplicating p90x is difficult. let me figure it out. maybe we can swop dvds. there are 13 of them.