Tuesday, September 22, 2009

35 pushups

Started off tonight doing some of the exercises Tiffany put together for me. Then Genine got home and we went out for a 4 mile run. Then it was test night for the pushup plan. I did 35, the last 4 were pretty ugly. When I looked to see where that put me on the schedule, I was somewhat relieved to see that I was placed in the "easiest" of the 3 columns. 36 would have put me into the next group. Whew!
Next up 100 squats. They seemed much more difficult tonight than the set I did last week. I'll be curious if I feel my quads for 2 days like I did last week. Just think I'm only 100 behind Genine!

I did the pullups last night. I still fail on the last one of the 5th set every time. I guess that means I'm on the right track with that plan. The first 4 sets last night felt great and I wasn't feeling very well, so that was encouraging.

As for my plantar fascitis, I've put my Sole orthodics into my running shoes, I ice my heel after I run and I've also been doing the foot strengthener/calf stretch Chris suggested. It's kind of early to say, but I think it's getting better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still only doing the pullup challenge but after 2 weeks it is going well. at the end of two the last workout (for me ) was 4 sets of 4 then max out. My max after the 4 sets was 9!!!! Very encouraging. I think in 4 more weeks, I should be able to do 20. I think fresh, i maybe able to hit 10 or 11 now. At some point I should add the push ups. Not feeling it yet!!

catmarlson said...

I'm also really surprised how it feels so different after just a couple weeks. (in a good way)

It's taking me awhile to ramp into all the things I want to be doing for strength training as well.

I'm kind of shooting for an upper body and a leg workout every day Monday-Thursday. I'm only getting 2 leg workouts in currently.
I hope to write up my schedule soon.