Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Not Worth It!

Did you know that there are 260 calories in ONE jelly filled donut? Also- 100 of those are FAT calories. That means I would have to run 2.6 miles to burn off that garsh darn thing. Not gonna happen.

Ok--I admit it. We had a vendor show up with fresh donuts and I almost gave into temptation. But alas--I stand strong. No donut for me....just black coffee...YUM

Last night I did my 5k run around Warren. I didn't feel as good as I did on Sunday's 4+ mile run. My left leg continues to hinder my overall performance. It's become apparent to me that its not just my calf but my foot that is affected by the poor circulation/inflammation. Regardless-I completed the run. Sunday's run was much better. I powered through running at a faster pace (kinda like the Carlson "meet in the middle" concept posted by GEnine). It was GREAT! Thanks to Jerry who sticks by me the whole way.

Tonight - I am going to do another 5k run and then rest for Saturday's race. I am looking forward to it (even if it does rain!) Even better-Genine and Matt are coming home. Hopefully I can get Genine to hit the pool with me while Jerry inflicts pain on Matt in the weight room...Should be a great weekend.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

I am stunned that Maija has not commented about the donuts.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Mjay said...

Yeah - but Miss Maija can EASILY run off the calories. Me...that's a different story.