Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Frustrating Left Heel.

So last week 70.3 and the next day I don't have any heel pain in my left foot or problems with my right knee.
I ran 8 miles Sunday morning. At mile 6 my left hip flexor starts to feel like it's been carrying the load. I stop for a few seconds in an attempt to break my stride and try to establish a better more correct one to see if it helps.
When I get home, the heel of my left foot is killing me. I stretch and massage it often through out the day.
Monday, I'm walking funny probably to avoid stepping on the bad heel.
Tuesday, I feel like my foot doesn't hurt as much but my walking stride feels awkward still. So I go to the chiropractor. I definitely had a bit of a hip tilt going on and the electrostim on the lower back always helps relieve any lower back muscle cramps.
I'm feeling better today but I didn't run this morning. I feel like I should give it a bit more time. Also I think I'm going to start running with my Sole inserts in my running shoes. With the big races out of the way, it's time to start figuring this thing out. Next step is a podiatrist I suppose.

Some might argue I'm old and I'm wearing stuff out. Honestly, I think my feet/ankles feel better now than when they did when I was 19 marching with the Crossmen back in '89.

No comments: