Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bugs Bugs Everywhere

Headed out for my "newly mapped" 4 mile run. Started at the house, ran the high school hill, down to Prospect, over to Jackson, up Jackson, down Carver, to Pennsylvania, Conewango AND then home (for all familiar with Warren). Lots of hill work...I felt pretty good. I definitely felt better than I did on Saturday.

Jerry ran with me. At least two times during the run we ran smack dab into the middle of a "hatch." Picking bugs out of eyes and spitting them out of our mouths along the run....WHAT FUN!

Tonight I am hoping to swim. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can somehow work in pool time around, football and nightly eating fests (wow-can boys eat a lot!)

5 comments:

GC said...

Nice job running up the high school hill! That's a tough one! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. When you get bored with the course you can reverse it and run UP Carver! :-)

Have fun swimming tonight!

Mjay said...

I couldn't muster up the knee strength to even run DOWN Carver! I kind of did a run/walk/hop kind of thing....while warding off the disgusting swarm.

I'll wait to run UP Carver with you and Matt--ha

catmarlson said...

Just keep in mind that downhill is more likely to cause injury than uphill. Downhill turns up the impact on an already hard impact exercise.
Walking down the really steep stuff is probably a very good plan.

Mjay said...

I knew there was a reason my body screamed....WALK.....

Jim said...

nice job Michelle (and Jerry)