Thursday, September 10, 2009

Entire Buckman, Swim at Skylands

Unless they modify the course on Saturday, it will be the first course that I've raced twice. So I'll finally get to compare results. It's also my first sprint distance race of the year. I intend to leave it all out there. I'm guessing relays will be last wave. That means I have to swim through a ton of people. (Yeah because I'm just that fast, ha ha!). It also means they might serve as a good sighting tool. Last year I went way off course on the return trip.

Unless it's raining. I think I might be more aggressive on the bike than I have been in the past. It's a fun race, I may as well try some things out. I have a pacing plan for the entire course in my head. I can't say that I'll actually follow it on race day, sometimes I kind of zone out on the course. Guess we will see.

The run. Well it would be nice if Todd and I start in the same wave so we might have a bit of a foot race on our hands at the end. Although whether he is ahead of me or behind me, I'm going to have to run as hard as I can.

Then on Sunday. It's KB2 vs the guys team "Steve Austin" is the name of the guys team. (Lee Majors not Stone Cold). I'm teamed up with Bob (Bike) and Todd (run).
The trash talking has started. The girls are planning on feeding us drinks all day Saturday at the party. (see they are afraid to race us). I figure it's the perfect setup to set PRs on individual events.

I'll do my best to get results posted. It's going to be a busy weekend but also really fun.

2 comments:

Mjay said...

Will you have the cool sound effects like in the Bionic Man??? That would definitely secure the victory.

On the other hand....Genine might pull out some mighty strong dark beer Saturday night. In that case....it's all over. don't even bother showing up.

I can talk smack cuz...this KB2 member isn't competing...teehee

Have fun you guys. Wish I could be there. Football games on Saturday and Sunday. Yeah me!

m said...

Well you do have 3 members and we only have 2. Bob is the x factor...no clue how he will do on the bike...but we do know that he likes to drink!