Monday, August 31, 2009

Things you will most likely care less about

...yet I feel compelled to share with you. The pool we swim at regularly is closed for 2 weeks to be drained and repainted...FINALLY!! It is so long overdue! In the interim, we have to chose a different pool to swim at while the SVY pool is closed. Let me first say, that I am thankful that we have at least 2-3 other pools to chose from that are very close by. Tonight Matt & I swam at the Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) Pool. It is part of our local YMCA group of pools. While Matt has had his swimming lessons there before, this was my first visit.

Here's my report of semi useless info about my experience:
1. LOVE this pool water sooooo much better than SVY! I felt like I was swimming in water instead of a vat of chemicals. It was a nice temperature, clear and clean. I didn't even see 1 hairball at the bottom of the pool! Dare I say that I actually enjoyed swimming tonight...this could be a good thing!
2. The atmosphere was rather peaceful and subdued with nice acoustical panels on the ceiling. No screaming children in the pool or locker room.
3. I didn't feel like I was going to get a foot fungus by walking on the pool deck or locker room floor (I did still wear my flip flops to be on the safe side). No hair or wet garbage on the locker room floor.

In all fairness, I did miss a couple things about SVY tonight.
1.RVCC doesn't have a digital clock at the pool to time laps. As a matter of fact, there was not a lap timer at all.
2. The showers at SVY, while gross & dirty most of the time, are big enough to have room to move without fear of touching the slimy shower curtain and there is a shelf for my shampoo bottle. RVCC had neither of these.

But, I did feel right at home tonight at RVCC when I turned on the water in the shower and it was cold.

2 comments:

Mjay said...

OMG-That's hysterical. So the water wasn't gooey and not giant hairballs lurking under the surface. You mean I could actually look at the bottom of the pool and not risk vomiting?!

When/if you come home-we'll have to swim. The water will be nice a clean at that point as well...can't promise anything about the locker room. Be sure to bring your flip flops!m

Mjay said...

For some reason my identity was screwed up...hope "i'm back now." Had to reset some stuff.

Anyway-thanks for the laugh