Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kinzua Contry Tango - Full Results - Unofficial

http://www.kinzuacountrytango.com/2009%20Tango%20Unofficial%20Race%20Results.pdf

Have fun trying to read them. Couple notes - we are shown in a three way tie for 9th because of time. The other two teams did in fact come across the line ahead of us, so I would say we were more like 11. 5th fastest canoe. I am betting the other four had nicer equipment. Our canoe had a dent in it, for goodness sakes. Jerry and I are shooting for 1:05 next year, if not better. I told Tamara I just needed $2,000 to get 10 more minutes. I think she is on board, she didn't really say No.

Shawn and Bart crushed the other Tango teams in the canoe, in the dark. They were the best at this. Awesome! - If anyone hears that Quarter ton has problems like this next year, we are using their canoe and bringing it back to them.

7 comments:

catmarlson said...

I think I'll wait for the cliffs notes version of the results.

Craig/Jerry = Course record canoe in 2010

catmarlson said...

I vote we move up in the ranks. Team R-100 didn't have life jackets on in the canoe at the finish. Isn't that a DQ?

SJV said...

That wasn't that hard to read. I expected some kind of giant illegible mass of numbers.

Ray got 2nd place solo.

We took first in one leg! Yeah, baby. And we were not last in another. So we were only last in 4 of the 6 legs. I call that a success. We were expecting to be last in three of the six anyway, so all things considered I guess it wasn't that bad, though Bart may beg to differ. The numbers don't really tell the story, though, do they?

MJB said...

MATT: Life jackets must be worn until after the first island but after that they are optional. Thad stated that Friday night but obviously you were too busy worry about KB2 and our POWER to DEFEAT!!!

catmarlson said...

"obviously you were too busy worrying about KB2"

I am defeated by these women on a weekly basis. I don't think I worry about that anymore ;-)

thanks for the heads up on that rule. I don't think I'll be asked back into the canoe. Craig and Jerry have that position locked up.

Ray Doolittle said...

Great job to everyone posting on here. I think I may have recognized some of you all around the race course, but it was a pretty busy day. I wasn't carrying on any conversations with the "Mooseman" crew the way I got to last year.

It was a great day! Flat tire on the bike was the only downer, but the "perfect race" is tough to come by.

There is a very similar race near Brookville/Cook Forest on June 5, 2010 if anyone is interested -- it's the home of Thad's original Tango. His former distances there used to be extreme, especially for the solos. For example, my Kinzua time was 7:32 this year; the old Tango took me 19:30 the first year (as winner) and eventually got it whittled down to sub-16 hours.

Now the times/distance are very much in line with Kinzua. Let me know if you want more info.

Again -- great job!
Ray

catmarlson said...

Hey there Ray.
Congrats on a fantastic race.
It's unfortunate that other race is on the Mooseman weekend. I have a hard time passing up the Mooseman.

Sorry we didn't catch up at the finish line. We should make a point of doing that next year.

Catch up soon!