Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tapering

Yesterday I went to the chiropractor. I really wish I would have done that a couple weeks ago. I walked out of there feeling like I was walking straight. I didn't think I was that far out when I went in. So I guess that was the bonus for the week and I'm glad that I do this leading into a race.

Last night I started my 2nd week of the pull up challenge. I guess it's not surprising that after 2 days off, they seemed much easier. I'm still doubtful that 20 is possible in 6 weeks, but that's not the goal anyhow.
After the pull ups we went to the pool and got some good work done in less than an hour. It's so hot out, really swimming was the best thing I could have done. It was quite refreshing. I think the longest set I did was 600m. It felt great. (I didn't look at the time).
I'm looking to stay out of the crowd at Timberman during the swim. The DC race was like bumper cars for me and I felt like I was working harder than I should have been. I don't practice my sighting enough (at all). I'll have to remember to do a bit once we get to NH.

I went for a 4 mile run this morning. I think it was 67 degrees but the humidity was still high. This could be race day temperture and humidity. I was soaked by the end of the run. It was a good run. My legs weren't complaining and I could turn it up without any trouble.
I got home, did some stretching then took a long shower trying to get the core temp down. A good way to start the day.
I will end the day with a swim lesson. I've got a few things lined up that I'm hoping he might have answers for. If he does, it would be another bonus leading into the race. More on that once it happens.

We drive to NH tomorrow. Wahoo!
Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Mjay said...

Best of luck this weekend. You guys sound like you are ready.

I got my swim stuff in the mail yesterday (finally) so am ready to hit the pool. WOW-I sure do wish I had you guys around to help train. Maybe Jim would like to partner at some point. I guess I should ask. Heck-maybe he'll read this.

Again--good luck on Saturday. Hopefully the humidity will break.