Thursday, August 13, 2009

slow speed crash

Don't let me sign up for a bike race where drafting is legal. Near the end of our ride tonight, we had to stop quickly and I didn't realize we were stopping. I didn't get my feet out and over I go. I thought I landed it pretty well but my knee has a bit of a gash. It just took it's time getting around to bleeding.
So I shaved my knee and it's bandaged. Kind of annoying but whatever, it could have been worse had I decided to go into the ditch. (It could have been better if my brain would tell my feet to clip out, without it being my idea).

The rest of the ride was pretty good. Overall I like where I am in terms of being ready for the Timberman bike. Of course I would have liked to actually bike 56 miles or more, more than once before this race but that really isn't concerning me at all.

In response to Shawn's request for what's next: Of course there is our NJ TriFest, Buckman and Skylands in the same week.
In terms of training, I've already started to look to the "off season". I have a bunch of off season goals. The first of which is to become "bulletproof" like Shawn and Jerry. Here are the plans.

20 pull ups
100 push ups
200 sit ups

I'd like to think I'll have the 20 pull ups in the bag by the end of the year and will be doubling the chart to work towards 40.
That's the preview, more to follow. Who's with me?!?!

1 comment:

Jim said...

no pictures??? What gives??