Friday, August 14, 2009

Newbies Plans to be a "Completer"

I've watched while many of my friends have taken on the challenge of triathlons. I've watched in the wings wishing it could be me. Well - now I am officially throwing my hat into the ring. I am going to go on record to state that my first official Triathlon competition will take place at the Brookville Tri in July 2010. Let the training begin.......

Given that I am the newbie-ya'll better be prepared for lots of questions.

I am also planning the following:

#1 Foot Race Series-Diane Kelly 5k, Cinco de Mayo 5 mile, Half Marathon (maybe---we'll see)
#2 Swim for the Mooseman (maybe join up with one of the current relays)(Trying to overcome my fear of open water swimming. What better way than to do it in a lake with depths that are still yet to be recorded...yeah--it's that deep! But hey--it's REALLY clean)
#3 Tango--I'm hooked. I would love to do the swim assuming I can deliver a great time. I don't want to ruin KB2's winning formula. Mooseman will help me determine whether this is at all feasible.

Until tri-training begins (found a 10 week plan for newbies that I think I'll use) I am going to focus on overall fitness (running, swimming, biking...you know). I am hoping to enroll in Thad's class(bootcamp). It may kick my butt initially but isn't that the goal? I need to build functional strength and that's the focus of the class.

All this while trying to keep two teenage boys on task. Balance will be the key to making and keeping this enjoyable.

So now it's official. Let Michelle's training begin. Encouraging words always welcome!!!

1 comment:

GC said...

WAHOO-HOO!!! As I predicted....I knew that you would get hooked after the Tango! I love having another woman in the ranks. Although, I must say that we are associated with some of the finest men I know in this endeavor.

I am so excited for you and look forward to you adding your experiences/ training/ racing to our "adventure series".