Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nothing New on Race Day

I spent some time on Saturday cleaning our bikes. It takes much longer than you think it should once you start looking at how many tiny places you can't reach easily. Anyhow, my front derailleur cable is frayed. How frayed? That IS the question. I have a feeling once I get to NH I'll be stopping by the bike shop up there and having them replace it. That will give me a few days of riding and adjusting if it's necessary before race day.
Of course as I'm cleaning the chain, I'm realizing that it is very likely due for replacement as well. There are some spots that are rusty. I need to do a better job at cleaning/lubing the chain immediately after we drive through rainstorms with them on top of the car.
This replacement I'm very hesitant to do before race day. I see a chain gauge purchase in my future. Any thoughts/suggestions here are welcome.
I apologize for the lack of photos. Leading up to the mooseman, I needed a mental boost. Work had been crazy busy and I was fighting sinus infections and such. So we did the Photo Journal to have some fun. Fortunately, this time around I'm feeling good. Better than good actually! So we've been a bit lazy with the pictures. Race day pictures will be here soon enough!

No comments: