Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Swim Class Round 7:

Sadly this should have been the 9th Class. Can't help being sick sometimes.
The two main coaching points for me tonight.
1) Keeping that relaxed hand while out of the water. It's amazing how much easier swimming feels if you keep that part of your stroke easy /relaxed. My problem with that is turning it back on once I get to the "catch".
2) Hip Turns: He kept saying that you gain speed by turning your hips over quickly from side to side. That's back to that core strength. It's tough to maintain those turns over a long interval. I did notice my stroke count would drop a couple per 25 yds when I was really focusing on the hips, so there is an effect.

I'm definitely catching up to the class. (I think the new suit helps more than I thought). I was sharing a lane with the guy that did the Mooseman the other week. Speed wise I was ahead of him, I can't say that I was aerobically.

No comments: