Sunday, June 17, 2007

Got my bike

I struggled with this purchase. It was more than I had in mind originally but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

'06 Trek 2200: ZR 9000 Aluminum with Bontrager Carbon fork and OCLV carbon seat stays.
The front derailleur is a 105, everything else is Ultegra.
Dual Crank: 53/39
12-26 9 speed SRAM cassette. 12,13,14,15,17,19,21,23,26.
It weighs 20 lbs. To compare, my hybrid bike weighs 31 lbs.

Now I have no excuse not to be riding. My other bike was really uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to trying some of the bike shop's group rides and finally feeling like I'm actually training for all 3 events.
I'm also going to be very curious to find out if I can ride the Mooseman course with a Dual Crank. If I could have found a triple, I would have bought it. Perhaps knowing I don't have that option, I'll train harder.

3 comments:

SJV said...

That is a nice bike, dude. At least compared to the rest of us.

I think you will be okay with the 2 front rings, since you have so many rear sprockets. Your second front ring is significantly smaller than my second, so it seems as if you will have a gear for most hills, except really crazy ones.

Only one way to find out. Get out there and ride.

CSquared said...

Excellent! Looks like you are moving to the front of the pack.

Don't worry about the 2 front ring thing. I think Shawn is right. That 39 is smaller than my small front. (I need to count them sometime). Also, I currently only have 6 in the rear. The 39 is what you want for climbing anyways. I believe at the Mountaineer Tri here, a bike shop was putting a 39 on for people who showed up with something larger.

Have fun.

catmarlson said...

I had to drive 2+ hours down near Atlantic City to get the bike. So by the time we got home I didn't have time to take it out for a ride.
Shawn was telling me anytime he goes into a bike shop, they push a big bike at him and offers him a great deal.
This bike is available in a size 60 CM for a few hundred dollars cheaper than I bought my bike. Sadly, I couldn't think of any way to make myself taller.
I got a decent deal. I can't/won't complain.