Saturday, June 23, 2007

HR monitor

Well, my wife bought me a heart-rate monitor for Father's Day. It came a little late, so I got it last night. I put it on, and it seems to work, but haven't run with it yet. I think I will tonight. I'll finally get to see what this running is doing to me. The directions say it's okay to use in the water as long as you don't push any buttons. That kind of scares me. I think I'll use my finger to check my pulse for a while when swimming. I did that at the pool today, and I had trouble getting over 130, even when I was gasping for air. I am very interested in seeing how this works out.

While at a garage sale, we bought a book called "You don't have to be thin to win." It was written by a woman who started doing triathlons after her doctor said she was "morbidly obese." I'm pretty sure no matter what I do, I am never going to be light, so this might inspire me as well as my wife.

I also looked for a Clydesdale specific podcast on iTunes and found nothing. Maybe Craig and I should start one. We would be the world's first and only podcast dedicated to the larger man. And woman. What do you think, Craig? We could interview big peeps at all the races and report times and stuff. Talk to exercise physiologists here at the college and ask them why Clydesdales can't win. Complain about sizism. Clothes cost more for me, but not for every other size! If the argument is that they use more cloth for my shirts, then a medium should cost more than a small too! This world ain't fair. Big people get screwed.

I have all the equipment we need.

Gotta go run.

No comments: